Nail Art: Nine Risks You Need To Know

Nail Art
Nail art is the most famous for females who enjoy the beauty, and many people are fascinated by it. But at the same time, do you understand the risks of nail polish?

Nail polish tastes toxins make people dizzy

Some nail polish adds a large amount of acetone and ethyl acetate which is easily volatilized and produces an irritant odor. The volume of Irritating smell will expand 1000 times after volatilization, with strong irritation to the mucosa and nervous system.

Nail Color Turns Yellow and Dim

Nail polish has a range of beautiful colors due to the addition of a big amount of pigment materials, including various mineral pigments, synthetic pigments, and so on.

Slowly these pigments stick to the nails and making the nails darker and dull. The darker the nail polish, the more pronounced the pigmentation phenomenon.

Make The Nails Brittle, Stratified Fracture, And Slow Growth

Continuous application of nail polish will hinder the “normal breathing” of the nail and destroy the keratinocytes of the nail. Due to the lack of oxygen caused by poor breathing and the chronic corrosion of the nail polish, the nail naturally becomes thinner and easily broken and grows slowly.

Finger Dry, Inflamed, And Barbed

If the nail tool used is not completely disinfected, it will indirectly cause fungal infection between the nails. On the other hand, the chemical solvent component in the nail polish will stimulate the skin around the nail, harden the keratin of the finger skin, and be slightly damaged during the manicure. Therefore, it is easy to cause inflammation, dryness, or barb, and even cause paronychia.

Corrosion Of Nails Leading To Separation Of Nails And Nail Bed

Inferior nail polish is easy to corrode nails. Many people use nail polish to cause the nail and the underlying nail bed to separate, and there is a nail stripping disease that becomes not curved. If used for a long time, it will cause the nails to become thin and brittle, unhealthy, and more likely to get onychomycosis.

The Thicker The Nail Polish, The Higher The Risk

Most nail polishes contain toxins, and the more layers of nail polish applied, the higher the risk of carcinogenicity. When applying nail polish, it should be ventilated to reduce the inhalation of excessive toxic substances. It is best to choose products that are closer to the date of manufacture.

Nail polish toxins can affect people’s health and even cause cancer. The toxic chemicals contained in nail polish products include dibutyl phthalate DBP, toluene, and nail.

Among them, DBP and toluene are recognized as toxins that affect development, and formaldehyde is a known carcinogen.

The Stronger The Cure For Light, The Greater The Harm

Phototherapy nails, also known as gel nails, are mixed with a certain proportion of photoinitiators in a resin powder. Under the irradiation of ultraviolet light, the gel produces a curing reaction on the nail.

Therefore, the phototherapy nail has greater adhesion to the nail than the normal nail polish, and it needs to be removed by using a professional nail remover. After that, it needs to be polished, and the damage to the nail and the finger edge is more than that of the ordinary nail polish.

Cancer Risk

There is a chemical called phthalate in nail polish, which is high in content and mainly plays a softening role. This substance enters the body through the respiratory system and skin. If used too much, it increases the risk of breast cancer in women.

The most prominent problem with these unqualified nail varnishes is the use of banned pigments, which contain a large number of fluorescent agents that may cause cancer. In addition, many of the epidermal polishes and nail enhancers used in nail art are unclear and may contain toxic chemicals.

The nails are easy to absorb foreign substances. If long-term use of nail polish containing lead, arsenic, mercury, benzene, and other heavy metals exceeding the standard may cause chronic poisoning and even cancer.

May Cause Abortion

Nail polish generally contains a substance called “Phthalate”, which is likely to cause fetal malformations and miscarriage. Phthalate ester is a colorless, odorless oily liquid with good volatility that makes the nail polish more uniform and durable. It can enter the body through the skin, respiratory tract, and digestive tract, which accumulate in fat tissue, and is not easy to excrete.

If the residual concentration of this substance in the human body is high, it will endanger the liver, kidney, cardiovascular and reproductive systems, even affecting the body’s secretory function. Long-term use of pregnant women will affect the growth of the baby’s reproductive organs, especially male babies, which may be born with impotence or infertility in adulthood.

The hidden danger of nail polish is so great. Should we also think about the harm behind it while being beautiful?
Leave a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Post a Comment

Post a Comment