K.U Inter/Intra School Transfer Application Guide ‎| Form [PDF]

K.U Inter/Intra School Transfer Application Guide ‎| Form (PDF)

Have you been admitted by KUCCPS to Kenyatta University and want to change your School and/or Course?

Or are you a continuing student who for one reason or another wants to change your course of study?

Well, if you fall into any of the above categories of students, then this post is meant for you.

Inter/intra-school transfer at Kenyatta University is the process of changing your course to another one. One can change course provided that he/she meets two conditions:

  • You must meet the cut-off points for the course you want to join. For example, if the cut-off point is 34.5 and you scored 34.4 during KCSE, Kenyatta University administration will NOT allow you to do the course.
  • You must apply for a change of course within the specified time frame. (This is usually the first two or three weeks after the start of an Academic Semester.

Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step procedure below.

Online Kenyatta University Inter / Intra School Transfer Procedure

The online transfer portal of Kenyatta University can be found at https://transfer.ku.ac.ke. A student is required to scan his/her result slip and upload it whilst making the application. If you are a New First-Year and you joined KU through the KUCCPS inter-University transfer mode, you will be required to provide your KUCCPS portal login details.

Changing Your Course Physically After Reporting to School for Face-to-Face Learning

What if your online application for changing course did not go through?

No need to worry.

To change the course at Kenyatta University, you need to fill out the inter / intra-school transfer form and take it to the Academic Registrar’s office. You can successfully change your course within two weeks if you follow this procedure correctly.

You only need to concentrate on the steps below:

  1. Download the Inter/Intra School Transfer form by clicking here. Then print the form at your nearest cyber. (If this link is no longer available or appears broken, contact us ASAP).
  2. Fill out the form. Ensure that you provide a valid reason why you want to change your course, such as “Not my preferred career path” etc.
  3. Attach/staple it together with a photocopy of your result slip.
  4. Drop it at Admissions Block First Floor (Room 105 or 106) within the first two weeks after the start of the semester.
  5. Your application will be processed and a list of the successful applicants is put on the notice boards of the respective schools.
  6. You will be given two Transfer of Course letters. Then, you need to take one to the Office of the Registrar of Academics at the Admissions Block and keep the other one.

Hurray! You have changed your course. (Well, literally – if you follow the above guide correctly).

Leave a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Post a Comment

Post a Comment