KUCCPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)–Answered

KUCCPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)–Answered

If you have any questions lingering in your mind concerning Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) then we get you covered.

Here we will provide you with the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about KUCCPS ranging from application to inter-university transfer.


1. What’s the main function of KUCCPS

Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is meant to coordinate the selection for KCSE candidates who merit to join tertiary institutions for enrollment to universities and colleges.

It also develops career programme guidance that is meant to benefit students intending to apply for various courses.

It also retains the data of all students who submit their applications through the student portal website.

It also advises the government on matters relating to student placement.

2. What’s the difference between KUCCPS and HELB

Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a body mandated with funding students in tertiary institutions while Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a placement body that is mandated with placing students into various colleges and universities.

KUCCPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Answers

HELB provides students with the loans and bursaries once they have been enrolled by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).

3. Does KUCCPS provide Services at Huduma centres?

The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) provides its services in all the Huduma centres across all the counties in Kenya.

4. How can I contact KUCCPS

In Nairobi, you can find the KUCCPS offices at ACK Garden house on 1st Ngong Avenue in Community area.

You can contact them through telephone using these numbers; 0205137400, 0734879662 or 0723954927.

You can also reach them via E-mail using info@kuccps.ac.ke.

You can also reach them through the social media channels i.e @KUCCPS_Official (Twitter) and @The.placement.service on Facebook.

KUCCPS Placement Process

5. How do I log into my student Portal

Using your browser, type the address http://students.kuccps.net. It will open into a login page.

Using the login tab, enter your KCSE index number and the year of Examination.

Enter your password which is either your birth certificate number or KCPE index number.

You can as well download the KUCCPS application from play store then use it to log into your portal.

6. What’s the difference between cut-off and weighted cluster points?

Weighted cluster points are calculated using KCSE candidate’s four subjects, i.e one Language, one science, one humanity and one technical subjects and compared with that of the best performing student nationally.

On the other side, cut-off points refer to the weighted cluster points for the competitively placed students in a given degree course.

7. Where can I find the list of the institutions under the government sponsorship programme

you can access the institutions list via the placement body’s website provided through this link http://www.kuccps.ac.ke

8. When does the course application cycle begin for current KCSE Candidates?

The application date and deadline is always set by the placement body after the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) has released the KCSE results.

The placement body gives the application window over which the application closes down after hitting the set deadline.

9. Can a Non-Kenyan citizen apply for Placement?

The government limits only Kenyans during applications. Non-Kenyans are not allowed to apply.

10. What’s the meaning of “Revision of Choices”?

Revision can be defined in two dimensions. There is first and second revision. Recently they introduced the third revision.

First revision is done by those students who have not initially submitted their applications via the KUCCPS website. They are required to pay sh.1500 before proceeding to submit their applications.

Second revision is always done after the first revision has not materialized due to lack of merit from the candidate. Here, a candidate is required to pay sh. 1000 for the application for those who submitted their application in school. For those who applied and paid sh.1500 in first revision don’t need to pay anything for second revision but are advised to keep the transaction ID/Code from previous payment as it may be required when submitting you application during second revision.

Basically, revision of choices implies that the learner is making changes to the courses earlier submitted for consideration.

11. How many courses can I apply for?

One is allowed to apply for six degree courses and four diploma courses, certificate and artisan courses.

12. How much is the application fee?

For those applying for course in school, are required to pay a sum of sh.500.

For those who are applying for the first time after the exams have been released and did not apply from school, are supposed to pay sh. 1500 before submitting their preferred courses.

For those who submitted their applications in school , will now pay sh. 1,000 during their first revision.

13. I paid the money to the wrong account. How can I get my money back?

You can call the placement body or M-pesa using the contacts above then provide them with the transaction details and they will follow up the matter and your money will be reversed within 3-7 days.

14. How can I know the institution where I have been placed.

After the placement body has placed all the students in their preferred programme, it will publish the names on its website with the institutions they have been placed.

If you provided your phone number during the application, you will be notified via SMS on the institution where you have been placed.

15. How many subjects do you consider for cluster point calculation?

Seven subjects are used in calculating for the cluster points.

16. Are previous year’s KCSE candidates eligible for placement if they did not benefit during their time?

The placement body only allows candidates from previous years to submit their applications but only for those joining TVET institutions.

17. How can I apply for inter-university transfer?

On the student portal online, you can suit the inter-university transfer request once the placement body makes that provision available.

Leave a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Post a Comment

Post a Comment